NWFCU Foundation celebrates #weekofgiving with week-long surprises and service initiatives!
It’s official, the NWFCU Foundation’s #weekofgiving(back) was a huge success! Between November 26 - 30, 2018, the NWFCU Foundation #gaveback in various ways to support its mission to help young people in the community.
• 11/26 – NWFCU Foundation’s Scholarship Program opened on Cyber Monday. Please note the scholarship portal closes on Friday, March 29, 2019. Also, members of the mentorship program and all fourth grade students at Dranesville Elementary School received a surprise donation of science kits and other educational items!
• 11/27 – On #GivingTuesday the Foundation officially re-ignited its partnership with Herndon High School and donated several hundred dresses, suits, ties, etc. to Paige’s Closet at the school.
• 11/28 –
1) NWFCU Foundation announced its new education expansion initiative called the Aspire Higher Day program to support at-promise Sterling Middle School students in Loudoun County!
2) The Foundation also held its last Wacky Wednesday for 2018, which was filled with holiday cheer, music, food, merriment, and a very special donation of $1K to the Herndon Neighborhood Resource Center.
• 11/29 – For a second year in a row NWFCU employees volunteered their time outside cleaning out storage units to benefit Embry Rucker Shelter.
• 11/30 – The Foundation launched its Kids in Crisis Drive in partnership with Mission BBQ by providing local First Responders in Herndon and Reston with a free sandwich and drink.
Don't forget to check the NWFCU Foundation's social media accounts for photos from each day’s event(s).
You can make a difference.
The Northwest Federal Credit Union Foundationcombines all of Northwest Federal's charitable efforts under one umbrella, which makes a powerful force for change in our communities. You are invited to become an important part of this force, by becoming an NWFCU Foundation donor.