NWFCU Foundation celebrates #weekofgiving with week-long surprises and service initiatives!
It’s official, the NWFCU Foundation’s #weekofgiving(back) was a huge success! Between November 26 - 30, 2018, the NWFCU Foundation #gaveback in various ways to support its mission to help young people in the community.
• 11/26 – NWFCU Foundation’s Scholarship Program opened on Cyber Monday. Also, members of the mentorship program and all fourth grade students at Dranesville Elementary School received a surprise donation of science kits and other educational items!
• 11/27 – On #GivingTuesday the Foundation officially re-ignited its partnership with Herndon High School and donated several hundred dresses, suits, ties, etc. to Paige’s Closet at the school.
• 11/28 –
1) NWFCU Foundation announced its new education expansion initiative called the Aspire Higher Day program to support at-promise Sterling Middle School students in Loudoun County!
2) The Foundation also held its last Wacky Wednesday for 2018, which was filled with holiday cheer, music, food, merriment, and a very special donation of $1K to the Herndon Neighborhood Resource Center.
• 11/29 – For a second year in a row NWFCU employees volunteered their time outside cleaning out storage units to benefit Embry Rucker Shelter.
• 11/30 – The Foundation launched its Kids in Crisis Drive in partnership with Mission BBQ by providing local First Responders in Herndon and Reston with a free sandwich and drink.
Don't forget to check the NWFCU Foundation's social media accounts for photos from each day’s event(s).
You can make a difference.
The Northwest Federal Credit Union Foundationcombines all of Northwest Federal's charitable efforts under one umbrella, which makes a powerful force for change in our communities. You are invited to become an important part of this force, by becoming an NWFCU Foundation donor.