NWFCU Foundation celebrates #weekofgiving with week-long surprises and service initiatives!
It’s official: the NWFCU Foundation’s #weekofgiving (back) was a huge success! Between December 2-6, 2019 the NWFCU Foundation #gaveback in various ways to support its mission to help young people in the community.
- Monday, December 2
- Our 2020 Scholarship Season opened with two new scholarships, Financial Awareness Network and Continuing Technical Education (CTE), being added to the NWFCU Foundation’s scholarship offerings!
- Tuesday, December 3
- #GivingTuesday was the “unofficial” kick-off of our charitable giving season.
- In partnership with Mission BBQ, Chantilly, the Foundation provided meals to 80 firefighters and police officers serving the Herndon, One Loudoun and Reston communities.
- Wednesday, December 4
- The Foundation’s Pictures with Santa event was held at the Herndon Location, with a quartet singing holiday favorites. The smiles on the faces of children from a local daycare filled everyone with joy. Proceeds from this event benefit Foundation outreach in 2020.
- Thursday, December 5
- Pay Day Chick-Fil-A was held at Herndon location. This is a biweekly event with which we are raising money to fund a CTE Scholarship for 2020.
- Friday, December 6
- The Foundation made a large donation of dresses and racks to Irene’s Prom Closet in Loudoun, VA.
Don't forget to check the NWFCU Foundation's social media accounts for photos from each day’s event(s).